GET TO KNOW
For 25 years, Sterling Modular has been designing and producing simply the best audio recording and broadcast furniture available today.
OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
We offer five major product lines at various price points with all of them offering the best value. From our Pro Series to our Racking systems, we use the best materials for the best price.
Furthermore, our craftsmen control and oversee every step in the process from incoming materials inspection to work-in-process to packaging. We are proud to manufacture all aspects of our products in the US, in the heart of Boyertown, PA, 50 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
ACOUSTICS, ERGONOMICS, CABLE MANAGEMENT, HEAT, and BEAUTY
These are the five key ingredients in our design concept: acoustic transparency, ergonomics, cable management, heat dissipation, and, of course, beauty. Using these main design criteria, your furniture will not work against technological advancements or room sizes, or the way you work your magic in the studio. It will work in concert with these criteria.
Our audio furniture is well known for its design to be as “acoustically transparent” as possible.
Advancements in room acoustics technology have allowed the recording then mastering environments to perform better than ever. Above all, your furniture should not work against the optimized acoustic design of your studio. In addition, as studios become smaller, the need for properly designed furniture (with low to negligible acoustic impact) becomes ever more necessary.
How We Achieve Low Acoustic Impact
- Skeletal Design – The open sides, bottom and front/rear areas are all open to prevent reflections.
- Fabric Panels – Cover the skeletal frame and allows sound to pass through without negatively affecting the acoustics.
- Angled Rear Surface – The top section of the rear surface is angled to prevent early reflections from being easily heard by the engineer, allowing them to hear the monitor sound directly.
Another area we learned through asking difficult questions and working closely with a broad range of customers, is determining engineers’ workflow, processes, and results. Only by asking questions is it possible to recommend a piece of furniture.
Our Ergonomic Design
- Desktop Rake Angle for the Electronics is at 15 Degrees – To easily reach all electronics without being so high as to affect acoustics. This angle is a secure and ergonomic angle.
- Padded Arm Rest – This is specifically for the comfort of the engineer.
- Desktop Height – The desktop height is at a standard 28 to 29 inches.
- Reduced Height Mixer Shelf – All of our Mixer Conversions lower the height of the shelf so that the leading edge of the mixer is at the same height as the back edge of the PC keyboard.
- Cableways –Slots, grommets, and cableways for cable management.
- Removable Fabric Panels –All Fabric Panels are removable to gain access to electronics to then replace and manage cable connections. They also are used to hide cables from view.
- Slotted / Open Bottoms – Having slotted bottoms or open bottoms allows for smooth airflow to eliminate heat via convection.
Sterling Modular furniture is not only designed for low acoustic impact, it is also designed for heat dissipation. For electronics to meet the high demands of hours of non-stop usage, it is imperative to allow convection to cool the electronics. We know that when electronics operate at high temperatures, the quality of the music is compromised.
How We Dissipate Heat
- Fabric Panels – Being a loose weave and thin fabric, heat is then allowed to pass through which prevents or even eliminates heat build-up inside the console.
- 1/2 Rack Space Rails – By spacing electronics with a 1/2ru between them, heat is allowed to escape by convection. (See our 1/2ru vented rack panels, 1 to 4ru, too.)
- Slotted / Open Bottoms – Having slotted bottoms or open bottoms allows for smooth air flow to eliminate heat via convection.
- Vented Rack Panels – Our unique half-rack rail spacing allows for a way to cover any 1/2ru space between electronics so space facilitates convection. We also offer 1/2ru to 4ru vented rack panels. The wider rack panels can be used to fill open spaces.
Engineers are trying to woo musicians and clients to their studios. Naturally, the better looking the studio is the better the sound will be. We want you to be successful at making beautiful music. So, we add aesthetics and beauty to our furniture.
Here is how we make it beautiful.
- Wood Trim – A wide range of side trim customizes the look of the console. Presently, we offer light wood tones to a dark walnut tone along with Brushed Aluminum and Basic Black.
- Fabric Panels – Are used for many aspects in our furniture, not the least of which is to hide cables from sight. This makes your studio more neat and professional looking.
- Slotted Bottoms – As with the fabric panels, hide cables.
- Styling – Our classic styling is among the best in the industry. We are often complimented on our desks, stands, and racks.
CRAFTSMEN, DESIGNERS, SALES & MARKETING, and OFFICE STAFF
Much of the success of Sterling Modular can be attributed to our talented employees who take pride, not only in their craft but every other aspect of our growing company. There is mutual and genuine respect for each person as well as their talents.
Teamwork has never been at a higher level.
- Designers are expected to go into the factory then learn how the machines operate to engineer products to higher standards, better quality, and improved cleanliness.
- The factory craftsmen come into see the Sales & Marketing staff to discuss any quality issues.
- There are weekly production meetings to discuss how everyone is working together and where we can improve as well as how well we are meeting customer needs.
- In addition, everyone is expected to attend trade conferences and/or trade shows and to visit customers. It is how our Sterling Modular staff can speak on behalf of our customers in their various markets.
DEDICATED TO YOU
Sterling Modular is proud of the reputation that we have earned with well-respected audio engineers, studio equipment manufacturers, and recording studios throughout the world. Our team will both continue to carry on these traditions and strive to improve upon them.
We have sincere respect for the talents and accomplishments of our clients so whether you are an engineer, artist, producer, composer, or “just” a music enthusiast. We believe our products will help you work in an environment that makes the most of your talents.
Lastly, we enjoy crafting great products for demanding customers. Through customer interaction and our knowledge, Sterling Modular has perfected the design and comfort of our furniture.